*OTHER SIZES AND MODELS READILY AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST*
AMIAD PLASTIC FILTERS
- Filtration degrees available
- Amiad plastic filters are available with different filter elements to suit different filtering requirements and filtration degrees
- These all purpose filters are made with different engineering plastic materials that can be suited for mechanical strength and chemical and corrosion resistance.
- Amiad plastic filters can be easily dismantled by hand without tools. The filter elements can easily be extracted from the filter housing for rinsing.
- Amiad plastic filters may also be upgraded to semi-automatic functioning by adding one of the innovative features of the Turboclean (a), Brushaway (b) or Scanaway (c) assemblies.
- The screen elements are constructed of molded plastic ribs that support a stainless steel weave-wire screen or monofil polyester weave screen with filtration degrees from 22 to 800 micron.
- For coarse filtration (straining) between 800 and 3500 micron, Amiad offers perforated stainless steel screens.
- Suspended solids accumulate on the inside surface of the screen. The screen can be easily removed from the housing to be rinsed manually.
- The direction of flow in these elements is from the inside out along the element so that inorganic suspended solids are accumulated mainly at the lower end of the element and can be removed by means of a flush valve. The screen elements are especially suitable for the separating of inorganic particles and create a very low head loss.
- The different filtration degrees are color-coded. The cylinder incorporates two O-rings to ensure perfect sealing inside the filter housing.
The SCANAWAY assembly consists of a hollow PVC or stainless steel pipe with suction nozzles that are facing the inner side of the screen. A handle connected to the suction scanner from the outside, allows turning the scanner in a spiral movement so that it rotates inside the screen surface without touching the screen. Opening the exhaust valve at the filter lid will create low pressure conditions, which cause the scanner nozzles to suck-in the dirt from the screen surface and expel the dislodged particles out through the valve.Scanning is done during the filtering process without having to stop the water supply.