Toro F700 Hydrocyclone Sand Filters with Collection Tank
Toro F700 Hydrocyclone Sand Seperators
For use prior to primary filtration with well or bore water. Ideal for removing large volumes of suspended material denser than water and to reduce the load on the primary filter. Our hydrocyclone separators are designed for the most challenging of agricultural, greenhouse and nursery applications. These manual filter units are ideal for removing large volumes of suspended material such as sand or other heavy debris. Water enters via the inlet creating a spiral flow. Centrifugal force separates the dirt particles from the water and pushes them towards the walls of the separator. Particles gravitate downwards and into the debris collector, while water moves upwards and exits via the outlet. The debris collector is drained simply by opening a flush valve for a few seconds. Available from 1” to 8” inlet/outlet configurations.
- Tapered shape of the body maintains high velocity of the water and particles during the separation process forcing the particles to the bottom of the hydrocyclone
- Underdrain – The shape changes the direction of the particles causing them to settle in the chamber, while the valve on the lower chamber allows for easy periodic flushing of the accumulated particles
- Rubber cone increases the efficiency of the separator by extending the shape of the hydrocyclone down into the lower chamber, and provides protection to the lower neck of the hydrocyclone
- Multiple Unit Manifolding - The tapered shape of the hydrocyclone allows for close spacing on a manifold, ideal for applications where a number of smaller units are required
- For use prior to primary filtration with bore water. Ideal for removing large volumes of suspended material denser than water and to reduce the load on the primary filter.
- For use in all forms of irrigation.
- Inlet/Outlet – MBSP threads on 25,40 and 50 mm – Flanged table D on 80,100, 150 and 200 mm
- 90 degree Inlet/Outlet configuration
- Filter housing material of construction: Carbon Steel ST37.2
- Pre-treatment: sand blasting up to Sa 2.5 grade
- Interior and exterior coating: electrostatic oven baked polyesterepoxy powder coating with a thickness of 150-200 micron
- Manual operation
- Dirt collector (sump) included with each unit
- Maximum operating pressure: 1000 kPa
- Size available 25 mm – 200 mm
- Flow range: 4 to 330 m³/hr
- Centrifugal flow action causes particles to precipitate down the wall of the unit and into the dirt collector
Note: It is critical when selecting the correct unit to ensure that the flow rate passed through the unit falls within the 20 to 50 kPa head loss region (shown shaded on the chart).