Amiad 50mm Super Semi Automatic Screen Filters with Scanaway Kit
Amiad 50mm Super Semi-Automatic Screen Filters with Scanaway Kit
|DOWNLOAD PRODUCT BROCHURE|
Amiad’s exclusive Semi-Automatic assemblies provide a quick and efficient way for cleaning manual filters. Amiad’s Scanaway and Brushaway are add-on assemblies built for upgrading Amiad’s steel and plastic filters to semi-automatic operation by adding a simple turn-of-a-handle cleaning mechanism to the filter’s screen. Upgrading a manual filter to semi-automatic operation eliminates the need for turning the water off and extracting the filter screen for rinsing. With the semi-automatic assembly, the process flow is not interrupted during operation. Amiad’s semi-automatic assemblies are fitted with a Clogging Indicator to visually monitor the status of the filter element without disrupting the water flow.
The Scanaway assembly consists of a suction-scanner and a hollow pipe with suction nozzles that face the inner side of the screen. Outside the filter, a handle is connected to the suction-scanner, allowing turning of the scanner in a spiral movement so it rotates inside the screen surface without touching the screen mesh. Opening the exhaust valve at the filter lid creates low pressure conditions in the suction-scanner, which causes the scanner nozzles to suck in the dirt particles from the screen surface and expel the dislodged particles out through the exhaust valve. Scanning is done during the filtration process without interrupting the flow of process water through the filter
AMIAD PLASTIC FILTERS
- Filtration degrees available
- Amiad plastic filters are available with different filter elements to suit different filtering requirements and filtration degrees
- These all purpose filters are made with different engineering plastic materials that can be suited for mechanical strength and chemical and corrosion resistance.
- Amiad plastic filters can be easily dismantled by hand without tools. The filter elements can easily be extracted from the filter housing for rinsing.
- Amiad plastic filters may also be upgraded to semi-automatic functioning by adding one of the innovative features of the Turboclean (a), Brushaway (b) or Scanaway (c) assemblies.
- The screen elements are constructed of molded plastic ribs that support a stainless steel weave-wire screen or monofil polyester weave screen with filtration degrees from 22 to 800 micron.
- For coarse filtration (straining) between 800 and 3500 micron, Amiad offers perforated stainless steel screens.
- Suspended solids accumulate on the inside surface of the screen. The screen can be easily removed from the housing to be rinsed manually.
- The direction of flow in these elements is from the inside out along the element so that inorganic suspended solids are accumulated mainly at the lower end of the element and can be removed by means of a flush valve. The screen elements are especially suitable for the separating of inorganic particles and create a very low head loss.
- The different filtration degrees are color-coded. The cylinder incorporates two O-rings to ensure perfect sealing inside the filter housing.