Amiad Mini Sigma 1200 50mm Automatic Filter
Amiad Mini Sigma 1200 50mm Automatic Filter C/W ADI-P Bluetooth DC Controller
The Amiad Mini Sigma Automatic Self-Cleaning Filter, from Amiad, is reliable and durable yet lightweight and compact, fitting just about any landscape or agricultural application. The Mini Sigma is corrosion free, easy to install, and low maintenance. Designed to operate effectively with lower pressures and minimal maintenance. The Mini Sigma is outfitted with Amiad's ADI-P electronic controller, making monitoring the filter a breeze via bluetooth technology and a user friendly mobile app.
Amiad's unique suction scanning technology uses less than 1% of the total process water while still providing 100% cleaning of the screen area (results may vary depending on specific application conditions). This is the lowest ratio in the industry!
Automatic self-cleaning filters will save time, energy and money. No manpower lost to manual monitoring and cleaning, less water wasted as the self-cleaning process only uses the precise amount needed to clean and flush filter. This reduces the cost of both water and labor.
Features & Benefits
- Reliable and durable
- Amiad’s unique suction-scanner cleaning technology
- Modular design with various installation configurations
- Polymeric filter – corrosion free
- Low water and energy consumption
- Compact design and small footprint
- Easy installation and low maintenance
- Ideal for many landscape and agricultural irrigation applications
- Amiad’s innovative and user-friendly ADI-P electronic controller, operated by a mobile app for advanced monitoring capabilities
How it works
Amiad’s Mini Sigma filter is the newest addition to the Sigma family. It is a small and lightweight yet durable filter; quick and easy to install, simple to operate, and requires minimal maintenance. The Mini Sigma filter was developed to handle low pressure operation, with a capacity of up to 80 m3/h (352 gpm) and with filtration degrees from 80-500 micron. Inlet/outlet connections are available in 50 mm (2”), 80 mm (3”), and 100 mm (4”) diameter. Filters include a 40 mm (1.5”) flush valve.
The Filtration Process
Raw water enters through the filter inlet and passes through the screen. Clean water flows through the filter outlet. The gradual dirt buildup on the screen’s inner surface causes a filter cake to develop, creating an increase in the pressure differential across the filter system. A differential pressure (DP) switch senses the pressure differential and when it reaches a pre-set level, the self-cleaning process begins.
The Control System - Amiad’s NEW ADI-P Controller
Amiad’s ADI-P controller offers a one-of-a-kind monitoring and control functionality. The controller interacts with Amiad’s advanced, user-friendly app that provides detailed filtration performance data on your mobile phone device. The self-cleaning mechanism is controlled and monitored by the ADI-P controller. The self-cleaning cycle is triggered by an integrated DP switch. The ADI-P controller and mobile app also provide:
- DP and flush cycle counters
- Alerts – low/high pressures, low battery
- Reports and performance history data
The Self-Cleaning Process
The self-cleaning cycle is initiated by any one of the following conditions:
1. Signal from the DP switch, pre-set at 7 psi (0.5 bar)
2. Time interval parameter set at the controller
3. Manual start, triggered by the ADI-P mobile app (within Bluetooth range) or via electronic controller keypad
The flush valve opens to atmosphere creating a strong suction force at the scanner nozzles, effectively removing dirt particles from the screen and discharging them from the filter.